1.29.2013

Nashville Trip!

Nashville is one awesome city! We had such a great trip and I didn't even get to see everything I wanted to see. You really need about 4 days. First off, the flight from Charleston to Nashville is a PIECE OF CAKE! I couldn't even get through my new mag before we were landing. And the other plus? We got drinks and snacks on our flight anyways!
 
I'd also like to add a tidbit to anyone going through the Charleston airport... BEWARE of hair extensions... those little metal clips set off that darn metal detector and the lady had to pat me down... I mean really, like I could hide something in my HAIR! Then, my little tire pressure checker made them search my entire purse. Awful. Seriously, I am glad they are concerned and it makes me feel safe... but people, do I look like much of a threat?! Anyways... I got through it after taking off my coat, boots, scarf, stacks of bracelets, earrings... the worst is flying in the winter. Too many layers to remove.
 
We took a what is supposed to be a family oriented boat cruise through the Grand Ole Opry Hotel and turned it into a booze cruise... that's about right...
 
 
The Grand Ole Opry! I imagined it different. I guess less "70's looking" The Gospel Awards were being held so it was closed... we couldn't tour. :(
 
Inside the Grand Ole Opry Hotel... we just visited for a bit since it was next door to the Grand Ole Opry. This place is GINORMOUS! No joke, it's like a Vegas hotel. No, I haven't been to Vegas, but this is what I imagine them to be like.
 
Carrie!! Right up front!

 Anna and I insisted on getting our Si cups from Bass Pro Shops! Love us some Duck Dynasty!
 
Posing with Elvis. I thought this was some famous statue or something... nope, they are everywhere on Broadway!
 
Broadway!! Love LOVE this place

 
Saturday night was the first hockey game... Carrie was in there! So close yet so far away!!!
 
We sang at Lonnie's but I didn't get any pics really! We definitely all 4 sang "Pontoon"!
 
 
We had dinner Sunday night at Whiskey Kitchen. It was delicious! We heard it's a hot spot for seeing some celebs... however, we saw none. Of course. Because that is my luck.

 
Sunday we toured the Ryman! Ahhh this place gave me chills, it was awesome. We got to take the backstage tour and go in the dressing rooms but weren't allowed to take pictures in there. Such an awesome place, so much history!
 
 
View from the stage!!
 
Dolly Parton wore this when she was inducted into the Grand Ole Opry!
 
 Johnny & June! Their outfits from June's first appearance on the Johnny Cash Show!
 
 
In fact... here is a video of it!
 


 
I can't wait to go back... I've requested that for my 30th birthday :) We will see if it happens!

8 comments:

  1. SO glad you had a wonderful time!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun time! You and someone else I follow were both taking pictures at Lonnie's and posting them to Instagram at the same time. Talk about a small world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got to come and had a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had fun! I'll be headed that way in early march for work, but we get to play a little, and big bonus, our hotel is right next to Tootsie and the Stage!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these pictures! Nashville is just a short 3 hours from me (I'm in Knoxville) and it's still one of my fav places to visit! The nightlife is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. it looks like you had so much fun.. that is definitely some where i have always wanted to visit! now i definitely have to stop by that hotel- it looks incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like a blast! Nashville is on our list of places for a girl's weekend and you may have just convinced me to move it to the top of the list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love Nashville! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

::COMMENTS::